Swap Meet

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

• Insert Coins, Fellow MAGFest-ians!

I am a local game collector in the area and are looking to see if we can maybe setup a swap meet to do some trading (and/or selling?) and meeting other fellow collector's attending MAGFest. What do you think? I think it would be a great little addition and hopes there can be good deals that are away from the reseller's price tags in the Dealer's Room. :D
    Hello Moon

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

• I would be interested in buying games from people. Stuff like nes and snes games.
    rod

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:44 am

• If anyone has any Japanese title requests for the swamp/sale, let me know, I'm coming back in around 3 weeks
    jeneko

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

• I'd be interested in it, though right now I'm tempted to sell some of my extras (mainly NES) for extra holiday cash. Then again, the last auctions didn't go so well, so maybe I'll just hold on to them.
    Mike_TV

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

• I just realized that I still have a copy of Spud's Adventure on Game Boy. I might be tempted to trade or sell it for the right offer. I have the cartridge only.
    DeskLaser

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

• I was hoping for more people interested in this. But I guess we'll revisit a swap meet at MAGFest 13?
    Hello Moon

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:32 pm

• Haha quitting before Magfest is even here. Typical.
    rod

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 am

• rod wrote:Haha quitting before Magfest is even here. Typical.

I don't want to. I would like to see this happen, but it doesn't look like there's much interest...
    Hello Moon

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:11 pm

• I know if you bring stuff, other people just bring doubles anyways, there is interest, but not everyone uses the forums. As for me, i'm planning on bringing some NES and SNES stuff, and hopefully i'll find some people willing to trade Sega stuff for it, so consider me in.
    GUNSTAR

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:49 pm

• GUNSTAR wrote:I know if you bring stuff, other people just bring doubles anyways, there is interest, but not everyone uses the forums. As for me, i'm planning on bringing some NES and SNES stuff, and hopefully i'll find some people willing to trade Sega stuff for it, so consider me in.

Cool. I have a Sega collection that I would like to trade people for NES and SNES games. I guess a time and place should be set among the couple of people and let it go from there.
    Hello Moon

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

• someone made a point that not everyone uses the forums. I noticed on the newly swanked out page that they (magfest) have something called The Incubator under the heading "ways to contribute." Looks to me like that may be the way to propose an official Magfest swap meet that more people would be be likely to know about for Magfest 13?

http://magfest.org/incubator

I'd like to see you pull off your "grass roots" swap, though! If you pick a time/place/format/whatever-particulars-apply and then get people to talk about it in advance of the show (granted, not much time left) you should be able to generate some interest. It might be small this year, but it could still be something.

Good luck!
    what do you do with a pregnant silence?
    Abort, Retry, or Fail?
    moirla

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:53 pm

• I'm interested. I don't have many doubles but I'll bring what I got. Wouldn't mind buying or trading. Where are we going to meet at?
    drewku99

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:10 pm

• You can also try suggesting a panel. Incubator is good, but it's more for big things that span the entire length of the con.

I'll bring some of my stuff, for sure. I just picked up a huge Sega lot with some CiB stuff (e.g. Shining Force 2), but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for some rare SNES stuff ;)
    Mike_TV

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 pm

• I'm interested in this as well. The highlights of what I'm bringing are CIB Final Fantasy V and VI for the Gameboy Advance. I also have some SNES games in similar, Donkey Kong Country, Super Star Wars and suchlike.

As for meeting time, I suggest 2pm on Friday or 1pm on Saturday. The best location would be near the 2nd floor escalators or in the brainspace/MAGES areas, as it has been suggested that it will be a quiet area of the center.
    "Fire, Fire! Heh Heh Heh!" - Kefka Palazzo's retainer - Final Fantasy VI
    osurpless

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 pm

• I'd trade some of my copies of Shaq Fu...but I'm a little too attached €x]
    Squid

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:05 am

• osurpless wrote:I'm interested in this as well. The highlights of what I'm bringing are CIB Final Fantasy V and VI for the Gameboy Advance. I also have some SNES games in similar, Donkey Kong Country, Super Star Wars and suchlike.

As for meeting time, I suggest 2pm on Friday or 1pm on Saturday. The best location would be near the 2nd floor escalators or in the brainspace/MAGES areas, as it has been suggested that it will be a quiet area of the center.

I say let's go with this post's suggestion on space. I am fine with Friday at 2pm. Everyone good with that?
    Hello Moon

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 am

• Friday 2pm will be ideal. Which location do you prefer? Either way, I'll post 30 minutes before the meeting time to see for the best area to meet.
    osurpless

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 pm

• I have a box of duplicate games, mostly JRPGs across the last twenty years.

I'll bring this down with me, looking forward to a swap meet.
    YoshiFtJ

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 am

• Checking as I mentioned. The hall near brainspace (hall door in between the escalators) is rather quiet, so I'll be waiting there.

Hope to see you guys there!
    osurpless

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

• Looks like the meeting is a bust, as I'm the only one here between the two escalators. I'll try again on Saturday at 1pm an we'll see what happens.

Hopefully someone will notice this update and we can salvage this event.
    osurpless

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:14 pm

• I dont have any games to trade I just wanted to buy some from you. 1 pm on saturday Ill be there.
    rod

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 pm

• Alright, here's my number so we can locate each other: 508-525-0648.

And yours?
    osurpless

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:44 am

• I'll be working a booth today but I'd be cool with meeting up tomorrow!
    YoshiFtJ

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:39 am

• osurpless wrote:Looks like the meeting is a bust, as I'm the only one here between the two escalators. I'll try again on Saturday at 1pm an we'll see what happens.

Hopefully someone will notice this update and we can salvage this event.

I totally forgot about this yesterday. I was in costume and lost track of time. I brought some stuff with me and I hope to remember and meet today!
    Hello Moon

Next

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information