Swap Meet

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 am

• I just saw this, and I may be interested into buying some ps1/snes/gamecube games.. mainly rpgs :)
    RawrRiceball

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:37 pm

• Hey, forgot to check this thread this morning, but it can still work out. How's 7:30-8pm at the escalators work?
    "Fire, Fire! Heh Heh Heh!" - Kefka Palazzo's retainer - Final Fantasy VI
    osurpless

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:02 pm

• Make a hand written sign that says game swap meet or something like that. That way people will be able to reconize you.
    rod

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:22 pm

• I'll do that, if I can think of something quick. I'll specifically be at the black tables near the double door threshold.
    "Fire, Fire! Heh Heh Heh!" - Kefka Palazzo's retainer - Final Fantasy VI
    osurpless

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

• I would like to say 'Thank You!' to the people that came out on the Saturday 1pm meeting. Don't know how the 7:30pm meeting went, as I saw there was some tunes being played there. All in all, I could say it was a successful one for the very first Swap Meet. I hope to see this happen again at MAGFest 13 and have more people. Start saving your dupes and bring them next year! See ya'll next year!! :lol:
    Hello Moon

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 pm

• I forgot to put that in my phone to remind me. I was in the middle of a pannel when it was and I noticed it was already 130. Next year tho maybe we can have something with slightly more structure maybe even a room but Im guessing it would be a no go because its competing with the market place *rolls my eyes*.
    rod

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 am

• rod wrote:I forgot to put that in my phone to remind me. I was in the middle of a pannel when it was and I noticed it was already 130. Next year tho maybe we can have something with slightly more structure maybe even a room but Im guessing it would be a no go because its competing with the market place *rolls my eyes*.

A couple of us stayed till around till 1:30 to see if anyone else would show up, so you could of stopped by. Having a room for the swap meet would be cool. The meet doesn't have to be all throughout the weekend, but for maybe 1hr on one day or something like that. So to not 'compete' with the marketplace, if that really is the case...
    Hello Moon

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm

• Someone can request it but I dont think that it will be happening. Im all up for buying stuff from people.
    rod

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 pm

• submit to the incubator. i like the idea, i've wanted something like this to happen for a while, but someone needs to make it happen.

personally i'd like to see a free trade thing happen too, where people bring their old computer parts or random trinkets they dont need any more, and just dump them all in a pile for anyone to take. magfest can throw the leftovers in the dumpster on the way out, or take it all back to the warehouse for sorting.

ATTENTION: the incubator program is for people who want to run something, not just for ideas. if you submit an idea for a swap meet, we'll pretty much ignore it. if you submit a plan for a swap meet, we will take it seriously and try to work with you. no guarantees at this point of course, but if you can come to us with most of the resources needed (in this case, mostly just a person to coordinate it all), we will help you with the magfest side of things, if we can.
    III_Demon

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 pm

• III_Demon wrote:submit to the incubator. i like the idea, i've wanted something like this to happen for a while, but someone needs to make it happen.

personally i'd like to see a free trade thing happen too, where people bring their old computer parts or random trinkets they dont need any more, and just dump them all in a pile for anyone to take. magfest can throw the leftovers in the dumpster on the way out, or take it all back to the warehouse for sorting.

ATTENTION: the incubator program is for people who want to run something, not just for ideas. if you submit an idea for a swap meet, we'll pretty much ignore it. if you submit a plan for a swap meet, we will take it seriously and try to work with you. no guarantees at this point of course, but if you can come to us with most of the resources needed (in this case, mostly just a person to coordinate it all), we will help you with the magfest side of things, if we can.

I will look into the incubator program. Thanks! With that said, does that mean there is no issues with a swap meet 'competing' with the marketplace?
    Hello Moon

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:14 pm

• i cant promise that there are no issues, but theres certainly a very good chance that we could find a solution that works.
    III_Demon

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:41 am

• Im reviving this because I want to exchange/buy games from people at MAGFest 8.5. If anyone is coming early Ill be at the Mark Center on the 11th from about 6 pm on. I have some SNES games I wouldn't mind trading. I have some Wii games I wouldn't mind trading. You have to let me know by the 8th so I have time to get them and pack them (Im flying in the 10th)
    rod

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

• rod wrote:Im reviving this because I want to exchange/buy games from people at MAGFest 8.5. If anyone is coming early Ill be at the Mark Center on the 11th from about 6 pm on. I have some SNES games I wouldn't mind trading. I have some Wii games I wouldn't mind trading. You have to let me know by the 8th so I have time to get them and pack them (Im flying in the 10th)

I'm local, so sure, I can bring some stuff.
    Hello Moon

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:51 am

• Then come Thursday and bring board games to play. There will be a group playing them. If you wanted to do a list in advance I can tell you what I would be interested in. Dont bother including any sports games in the list.
    rod

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:18 pm

• I have a DSi XL for sale and a gameboy color. The DSi XL is in good shape has the battery charger and very few scratches. The Gameboy color is missing the battery cover. Let me know if you are interested in either of these things.
    rod

Previous

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information