Portable Co-Op

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

• Where are my fellow Monster Hunters, Avalon Sorcerors, and God Eaters?

I generally have to play my portable hunting games solo, which can be fun, but lonely (pity me, please). If anyone wants to spend some time hunting at MAGFest, I've got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my 3DS and MH:Freedom Unite, Soul Sacrifice, and God Eater Burst on my Vita, so we can take down all manner of prehistoric, creepy, or cool looking monsters together.

Might also be interesting to make a multiplayer run at Baldur's Gate (enhanced or classic) with everyone sitting near enough to hear each other's computer say 'You must gather your party...'
    Tyjet

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

• I'm pretty sure Soul Sacrifice is free on Vita for PS+ members right now, so that should be easy to grab! I'll have my Vita on me, although I'll be using my 3DS much more.
    Mateoman

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:01 am

• Monster Hunter!!!! I have both 3U and FU, but I can play FU online anytime via adhoc, so I'd LOVE to get together with other MU3U people to co-op that way! Yay!!

I'm HR2 currently in 3U, but I'm 8*'s in the Village Quests. I prefer to do guild quests with people, but don't own a WiiU. And I don't think I ever want to….
    Neoqueenhoneybee

Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:06 am

• Phew, glad to hear/read that others are interested in getting their hunt on.
    I'm not too far into either Soul Sacrifice or MH3U yet myself. I have a tendency to repeat quests for rewards and the like, especially in MH games.
    I managed to clear everything up to the G-9 Gathering Hall quests solo in Freedom Unite (well over 300 hours on that data. I clearly have no life).
    As for Soul Sacrifice, I don't think I'm very far in. I get caught up in leveling my spells and reading the Lore for the story (music is fantastic).
    Tyjet

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 pm

• I jst started on the game tonight I also may try to find a copy of World Championship Poker before I head down
    Gentlemen2014

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:17 pm

• Just got a copy of MU3U on 3DS. Couldn't be any greener under the gills, but I'm still down for some action.

I'll be around, just yuckin it up.
    RenegadeBoss

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:55 pm

• Tyjet wrote:Where are my fellow Monster Hunters, Avalon Sorcerors, and God Eaters?

I generally have to play my portable hunting games solo, which can be fun, but lonely (pity me, please). If anyone wants to spend some time hunting at MAGFest, I've got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my 3DS and MH:Freedom Unite, Soul Sacrifice, and God Eater Burst on my Vita, so we can take down all manner of prehistoric, creepy, or cool looking monsters together.

Might also be interesting to make a multiplayer run at Baldur's Gate (enhanced or classic) with everyone sitting near enough to hear each other's computer say 'You must gather your party...'

YES BALDUR'S GATE 2.

You must gather your party, truly.
    Arhka

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:08 pm

• I'll be downloading the Enhanced Editions of both Baldur's Gate games through Steam sometime after arriving at the Gaylord on Thursday (home internet data limit issues), so I'll be good for a trip around Faerun at least by Friday.
    Might need a few more people for a serious game, though it'd be fun just to chat about the game, or stand in a corner of the room singing "The Lord of Murder shall perish..."
    Tyjet

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 pm

• A few from my group (including myself) will be at Magfest, if you are on twitter shoot us a message at @novamonhun and I will retweet for the group, if not twitter we can be reached at vamonsterhunters @gmail.com

I'll be around with MH4, MH3U, MHp3rd, MHFU, Soul Sacrifice (I'm not very far in it), God Eater (US)(even less progress...) and a few from our group also have those as well as one guy who is also playing God Eater 2 (JPN)

twitter.com/novamonhun
    https://plus.google.com/110141324971637267184 (we post our weekly events here)
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hun ... -vienna-va
    facebook.com/novamonhun (hasn't been updated much lately)

Hope to meet some hunters there!
    novamonhun

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 pm

• Been looking at the Guidebook schedule. There will be so much to do at MAGFest 12! I should at least be free for most of Thursday and Saturday afternoons if anyone wants to get together.
    Can use this or the Monster Hunter thread to arrange a meeting place.
    Tyjet

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:30 pm

• Well, I'm not sure about anybody else, but I totally failed at getting together with other Hunters at MAGFest 12. I doubt I'll be any better about my time management for MAGFest 13, but I still feel like asking:
    Where are my fellow Monster Hunters, Avalon Sorcerers, God Eaters, and Sinners?
    Tyjet

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:37 pm

• [Er, whoops! Wrong thread!]
    Last edited by Shadsy on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Shadsy

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 pm

• Last year we had a hunting party or two going in the neutral area while resting between events. I'm sure Fantasy life is going to be another big one this year.
    Ithtorukk

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:02 am

• I have tried to setup 3DS meet ups in the past, including one for a past Otakon that had a lot of feedback leading up to it. However, the people who actually showed up only wanted to do Streetpass the entire time. But anyways, I don't have Monster Hunter, but I am up for playing a lot of other 3DS/Vita games.
    DeskLaser

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 am

• I will be around with Monster Hunter 4/4G and probably my 3U cartridge that I can do some hunts with. Not sure I'll bring the vita this year as last year I ended up in the tabletop room a lot. I'll be around with Monster Hunter and Cthulhu shirts with a Cthulhu leather mask most likely so if you see me and want to hunt just say something. I will be there early thursday doing volunteer work in registration but will be free from 6pm-9pm after I get checked into my room if anyone is going to be around then.

I will admit to having many hours in both games though as I've done a lot of videos and streaming on the Teamworkcast youtube and twitch.

Can't wait for Magfest in just a few more days...
    gamingcthulhu

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:56 pm

• Since MAGFest 13 officially starts on Friday the 23rd, I'm wondering who else is going to around on Thursday the 22nd.
    My reservation at the Gaylord starts on the 22nd, so I'll be hanging out in the hotel's lobby waiting to check in from around noon or 1pm until it's time to check-in around 4pm. If anyone there sees someone with a Blue Ranger hoodie (wearing or with it nearby. Not sure how warm it'll be in the lobby) and a Monster Hunter 3DS case dangling from his left side (black pleather or pvc leather with black faux fur), it'll likely be me.
    Tyjet

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 am

• Well, nevermind waiting. I was able to check in on arrival. Still though, Blue Ranger hoodie and/or Monster Hunter designed 3DS case hanging from my side should identify me to anyone wandering about.
    Tyjet

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 am

• I'm definitely down for some MH3U, even though MH4 is like a month away. Anyone here use Meetup? We could all get together somewhere.
    BomberJacket

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information