3DS Local Multiplayer

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 pm

• If anyone wants to meet up somewhere and play some local multiplayer on 3DS, I will have Mario Party DS (for the regular DS), Mario Party Island Tour (3DS), and Mario Kart 7. All of those games have download play, so if you don't have the game cartridge you can still play. The Mario Party games share the complete game over download play, and I would really like to be able to get in some Mario Party games with actual people. I set up a 3DS meetup at this past Otakon, but all anybody did was sit around and not interact with anybody and just played streetpass games the entire time. I would really like to avoid the same scenario happening again.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:39 pm

• Hey there! As I said in a separate post, there was an improvised Handheld area last year (consisted more or less of a folding table with 10 kids at it), and it effectively became a Pokemon-focused affair, but everybody was really engaging and conversational. I'm largely looking for a Pokemon meetup again this year (I'm actually going to try and catch all 718 on Pokemon X), but I'll have Mario Party DS (and hopefully Island Tour), Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, Mario 64 DS, and a few others, and I'd love to do some download play fun!

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:10 pm

• I did get in a small bit of Mario Kart 7 at that table last year.

Return to MAGFest General Discussion