Handheld Lounge?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 pm

• So, when I was at MAG last year, I came with my shiny new 3DS XL, hoping to plop down in some sort of MAGFest handheld lounge for some portion of the weekend. I couldn't find anything at all until suddenly, on Saturday night, I stumbled upon a folding table with an improvised "Come play Pokemon with us here!" and a handful of people already seated. I partook, and it was wonderful, but I came back a few hours later and everyone had disappeared.

So, my question is - does MAGFest officially designate some sort of handheld lounge? I saw PLENTY of people with 3DS's (and even a few Vitas) last year, but could not find any unified space. This is one feature I really wish MAG would borrow from PAX, but in lieu of that, would anybody like to try and get an unofficial one "set up"? And by that, I mean make a couple signs, arbitrarily plop down somewhere, and then post a bunch about it on the forums? I'm itching to play some Animal Crossing, Mario Party Island Tour, and Mario Kart 7, but most importantly, I'd really like to fill up some pokedex entries on X. Pokemon Bank & Pokemon Transporter are out on 12/27, so for Pokemon fans, the floodgates are opening! I'm trying to catch all 718 in time, and could use some help!

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

• there was a section of consoles that was for Handhelds from what I saw

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:59 am

• I know it was pretty informal last year, but it seemed to work reasonably well. Is there any chance we can have a place to set up from the start, maybe closer to the rest of the consoles? Perhaps we could have a little notebook or something on the table that would make it easier for players to arrange to meet with certain games?

Regardless of how it's set up, I'll be showing up with some extra copies of Advance Wars. It would be amazing to get some 4p matches going. :D

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 pm

• I know, it's blasphemy, but I've never played any of the Advance Wars games! Are we talking the original on the GBA or the DS game?

You know, I think the notebook idea is an excellent one, as long as we go on the honor system that nobody will run off with it for some reason. We Could create three columns: First Name(s) or aliases, what game(s) we want to play, and when we'll be around. Is there some way we could get updated info about the handhelds table to interested parties virtually, short of jumping on FB and creating a group/event for it?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm

• I will have Mario Party for both regular DS and 3DS and would really like to get some games in with other people. They both share the entire game over download play so all I need are 3 more willing participants!

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:11 pm

• I've got:

Pokemon Platinum / SoulSilver / White / X
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Mario Kart 7 (Single-cart... 8-player?)
    Mario Party DS / Island Tour (both single-cart 4-player)
    Super Mario 64 DS (single-cart 4-player)
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Single cart 4-player, and one of those so bad it's good type of games)
    Metriod Prime Hunters (4-player, possibly single-cart? I'm not sure...)

... and likely more if I went digging.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:13 am

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 am

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 pm

• I know it is not a true handheld, but does anyone in here play Kingdoms of Middle earth on ipad or other devices?
    Trying to keep the masochist tucked inside the pacifist .
    dissident cab

Return to MAGFest General Discussion