Colossus Roar - Get Your Vocal Chords Ready

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!

  • Ok, predictions on how long it'll take until you hear your first Roar of the fest? How about until you cave and begin roaring back in response?

    Last year, I actually didn't notice it until Thursday evening... Then it spread like a disease, and by 4 AM Friday morning there was no stopping it. The expansive Gaylord lobby became an echo chamber of guttural shouts that likely charted on the Richter scale.
    Mateoman
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:37 pm
    Location: Boston, MA


  • Um, idk 6 seconds :P
    User avatar
    JayMadison
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:29 pm
    Location: Madison, WI


  • I step into my car on thursday afternoon and begin to roar
    katamari
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:24 pm


  • I will C-roar the moment I get to the Gaylord on Wed.
    Trying to keep the masochist tucked inside the pacifist .
    dissident cab
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm
    Location: Philadelphia


  • bahahahaha i remember hearing this shit in the parking garage last year before i even got out of the damn car.
    - - - chiptune rocker in an0va - - - dinosaur in cheap dinosaurs - - -
    Facebook - - - Bandcamp - - - Twitter - - - Tumblr - - - Soundcloud
    User avatar
    an0va
     
    Posts: 50
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 am
    Location: Philadelphia, PA


  • As many times as I practice, my voice is just not deep enough to roar :/

    Last year we drove past a car on 95 who was filled with dudes roaring out of their windows. We weren't even in Maryland yet.
    rangerrdangerr
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:06 pm


  • As this will be my first MAGFest, I can't wait to hear the Roar in person.
    Cloud3514
     
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm


  • Cloud3514 wrote:As this will be my first MAGFest, I can't wait to hear the Roar in person.



    Welcome~!

    And start warming up your vocal cords now.
    Trying to keep the masochist tucked inside the pacifist .
    dissident cab
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm
    Location: Philadelphia





  • Oh we know the roar is gonna blow the roof off againt his year
    First ever lifetime badge holder to MAGFest, Donator of the 6 Player X-men Arcade Machine, and Responsible for the Colossus Roar
    ssjleviathan
     
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:29 am
    Location: Manassas, VA


  • Please don't.
    draigun
     
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:19 am


  • Mateoman wrote:The expansive Gaylord lobby became an echo chamber of guttural shouts that likely charted on the Richter scale.

    I'm going to post again to say, please don't. They're even making signs because of the idiots who were doing this in the lobby last year.

    If you have to scream just to feel included at MAGFest, please reconsider why you're attending in the first place. You're about as funny as "I CAN HAS CHEEZEBURGER", hamster dance, and dancing baby.. in that, you're not being funny at all.
    draigun
     
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:19 am


  • I think those signs are more of a "No CR beyond this point" kind of thing as a way of showing respect to those not attending the fest. With that in mind definitely don't do it in hallways where people are trying to sleep/relax. That's just rude.

    Having said that, I'm looking forward to letting out my Roar again but I'll probably only be doing it in the concert area.
    SGBsteve
     
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:49 pm


  • SGBsteve wrote:I think those signs are more of a "No CR beyond this point" kind of thing as a way of showing respect to those not attending the fest. With that in mind definitely don't do it in hallways where people are trying to sleep/relax. That's just rude.

    Having said that, I'm looking forward to letting out my Roar again but I'll probably only be doing it in the concert area.

    Haha. That's fine. Every year, it just always ends up becoming a thing that bleeds out into the halls and stuff (despite everyone's best efforts to contain it in) and it's a bit disrespectful to others that'll be there. (And I mean, come on.. Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be there attending the astronomy convention! Don't want to make the wrong impression.)
    draigun
     
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:19 am


  • On Thursday in the reg line, one of the staff was shouting/informing: "There will be no roaring this year!"

    lol...yeah right dude xD good luck with that!!

    and that was my first Lol of the con. The first roar occured shortly after.



    Lilith
    Lilith Astaroth
    Lilith
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:56 pm
    Location: New England


  • Ya it wont ever die out completely but it did seem like less than the last time I was here.
    rod
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm
    Location: Wyoming (the state)


  • We do have the signs up this year to remind everyone to keep it out of the hotel side (the Atrium and room floors, pretty much)

    Go nuts in the Gameroom
    User avatar
    ShinRa Actual
     
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:27 pm
    Location: Mt. Vernon, VA


  • I think people need to work on their Colossus roars. Remember, guys, he's deep and gutteral.

    Some of you sound like you're trying the Jubilee roar or Jean Grey roar. Less squealy, more throaty.
    Nickin8Bit
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:09 am


  • Nickin8Bit wrote:I think people need to work on their Colossus roars. Remember, guys, he's deep and gutteral.

    Some of you sound like you're trying the Jubilee roar or Jean Grey roar. Less squealy, more throaty.


    Exactly. My first MAGFest was in 2013 and I didn't really pay attention to the Colossus roars that much. But this year....my god. I hardly heard any that actually sounded like Colossus.
    Chris Benoit
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:18 am
    Location: Concord, NC


  • Chris Benoit wrote:
    Nickin8Bit wrote:I think people need to work on their Colossus roars. Remember, guys, he's deep and gutteral.

    Some of you sound like you're trying the Jubilee roar or Jean Grey roar. Less squealy, more throaty.


    Exactly. My first MAGFest was in 2013 and I didn't really pay attention to the Colossus roars that much. But this year....my god. I hardly heard any that actually sounded like Colossus.


    There should be a panel "HOW TO DO THE COLOSSUS ROAR PROPERLY" at Magfest next year.
    rod
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm
    Location: Wyoming (the state)


  • rod wrote:
    Chris Benoit wrote:
    Nickin8Bit wrote:I think people need to work on their Colossus roars. Remember, guys, he's deep and gutteral.

    Some of you sound like you're trying the Jubilee roar or Jean Grey roar. Less squealy, more throaty.


    Exactly. My first MAGFest was in 2013 and I didn't really pay attention to the Colossus roars that much. But this year....my god. I hardly heard any that actually sounded like Colossus.


    There should be a panel "HOW TO DO THE COLOSSUS ROAR PROPERLY" at Magfest next year.


    Yes there should.
    Chris Benoit
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:18 am
    Location: Concord, NC


  • I have started preparing my vocals for a good 'ole Colossus roar at 8.5.
    Trying to keep the masochist tucked inside the pacifist .
    dissident cab
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm
    Location: Philadelphia


  • dissident cab wrote:I have started preparing my vocals for a good 'ole Colossus roar at 8.5.


    I would be way more impressed of someone could do a Colossus Roar in the medium of flatulence. Bonus points if it was done in an elevator party.
    rod
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm
    Location: Wyoming (the state)

Next


Return to MAGFest General Discussion




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron