8.5 ticket sales?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:43 am

• Any insight into why 8.5 ticket sales are sluggish? I figured it would sell out in days (say like the marketplace for mag 13 did) and i'm totally surprised. I mean I love a smaller event, i'm just concerned it might loose money etc.
    JayMadison

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:50 pm

• Will there be a 1 day pass for saturday? The main site seems to indicate that other options are available. If you click on the details button it says "Although we have lots of different badge options, a regular attendee badge is still an all-access, three-day pass to everything at MAGFest 8.5. This includes all of the things listed below, most of which are open 24-hours per day: " It doesn't list any other options so I figured I would ask

I cant make the weekend, but I may be able to make the day.
    Decnav

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 am

• I think Magfest probably expected it to reach the cap long before registration closed. I'm guessing by the fact the badges are still available that sales are anywhere near expected, so I'd expect they're probably going to put together at the door prices, however; I'll bet they'll be close in price to the all access pass. Idk we'll see.

I think that Magfest has done a pretty piss poor job promoting this event, and the fact it was announced very suddenly and unexpectedly is going to cause decrease in turnout. I mean it doesn't even appear that they're putting much effort into it. I don't see any information about parking, or transportation to the Mark Hilton, as you would with regular Magfest. idk, it feels like the red-headed step child. I hope they at least load the schedule on Guidebook.
    jamisonia

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:03 am

• yeah, we did a piss poor job. but that was kinda the point.

8.5 is an experimental, low key thing. we wanted to see what would happen, and we wanted to give a shot at 2 'magfests' in a year.

there are a few reasons for 8.5, but the 2 big ones are: practice for the staff, and fun times for old school magfest people. making money is.. like.. reason number 4 or 5, maybe. =]

we will have single day badges.
    III_Demon

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information