General Newbie questions

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:36 pm

• Hey there! This is going to be my first time attending, so I had some quick questions so I can plan accordingly.

I'm looking at the badge options, and reading about the differences. At other conventions I've been to there have been options to skip ahead in line if you got a certain badge type. Is that a perk with the supporter badge or is there nothing like that at this con? It's fine if that is the case, just wheighing spending options!

Also as far as hotels go, does anyone know if the Gaylord National Hotel charges you for the room when you book it, or after you check out??

Thanks a lot in advance!
    TonyTH

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:57 pm

• According to a supporter from past Magfests:

They don't really have anything like that, as there is not really anything with lines. Except just recently with more autographs now, but there wasn't anyone around to ask.

When it comes to the hotel, neither the Gaylord (MAGFest 13) not the Hilton Mark Center (8.5) charge until you check in and have a policy in which you can cancel without charge as long as it is more than 48 hours in advance.
    "Fire, Fire! Heh Heh Heh!" - Kefka Palazzo's retainer - Final Fantasy VI
    osurpless

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:10 am

• no, we have no 'VIP' badge options. the supporter badges are essentially for donation to magfest, and the only real benefit you get from them is some toys like the special badge.

we make a real effort to keep a level playing field at magfest, and give everyone the same access to everything. if something has long lines, we work on making the lines shorter, not priority access.
    III_Demon

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:54 pm

• Hey all, glad to say that this upcoming MAGFest will be my first! Can't wait!!

I have a quick noob question...I'm traveling up from Indiana to attend, I've already preregistered and paid...I can only attend 2 and a half days...and I'll be there late Friday night....now, do I have to be there all four days for my passes to be good, or can I sign in any time throughout the week? I'd go all four days but work intervenes with it, and I can only attend part of the festival...hopefully this stupid question makes sense.

Can't wait to attend!!!! :D
    CrazyHorse316

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm

• CrazyHorse316 wrote:Hey all, glad to say that this upcoming MAGFest will be my first! Can't wait!!

I have a quick noob question...I'm traveling up from Indiana to attend, I've already preregistered and paid...I can only attend 2 and a half days...and I'll be there late Friday night....now, do I have to be there all four days for my passes to be good, or can I sign in any time throughout the week? I'd go all four days but work intervenes with it, and I can only attend part of the festival...hopefully this stupid question makes sense.

Can't wait to attend!!!! :D

Na you are allowed to go for all of it or none of it or any amount in between but there arnt any refunds or partial credit. I hope you enjoy Magfest.
    rod

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information