Board games at 8.5?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

• At the last two Mark Center MAGFests, I was fortunate enough to be able to play some great games with people I did not previously know.

I plan to bring along a few this time as well (Terra Mystica, Resistance: Avalon, D&D: Lords of Waterdeep, Battlestar Galactica w/ Daybreak). However, as I'm a local who'll be parking a half mile away, I'm not especially keen on lugging around games that won't be played (especially as I hope to spend a fair amount of time in the console/arcade area as well). I'm fortunate in that I have four local friends who enjoy board gaming coming as well, but it would be unfortunate if we went to MAGFest and just played with each other.

So I'm asking to see what kind of interest there is from others in these or other board games. For those of you who are interested, is there a particular day/time that you expect to be in the tabletop area (outside of the Settlers/Dominion tourneys)?

MAGFest 8.5 Schedule (for reference)
    emag

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:27 pm

• My friend will live where the board games are. And I'll tell her to bring some! I know she's been dying to learn arkham horror, but that is not something she has been able to find at a con. She has a few games you listed, but she has others too!
    Neoqueenhoneybee

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

• Come thursday there will be people playing board games the night before magfest. Im setting up monopoly.
    rod

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:27 am

• I have Regular Show Fluxx that I am dying to actually play with people.
    DeskLaser

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 pm

• I'll be coming up to Magfest 8.5 on Saturday. Here's a list of board games that I have:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... w/htmlview

I will probably bring most of them but not all of them (example: I probably won't bring Catan because they should have more than enough sets).
    Panda

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 pm

• Friday and Saturday nights (pretty late... like after the concerts), I'll have Krosmaster Arena set up. It's a neat, strategy game with miniatures, so if you want to try it out, you're welcome to it.

Just as a preview of what it's like, you can follow this link to a short instructional: http://youtu.be/MKaJt202bSA
    MakoSeraph

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information