Appropriate Age for attendees

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:48 am

• I am bringing my 15 year old son for his first Magfest this year. His 10 and 12 year old brothers would like to come also. Since I've never been, is the crowd and atmosphere appropriate for the middle school age group?

Thanks in advance!
    Loridori98

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

• Later into the evening it tends to be more of the "inebriated 20 something crowd", but don't let that dissuade you. I have been bringing my 3 kids for 4 years now, the youngest was 10 when he started coming. I just explained to him that later in the evening thing may be a little more "loud and friendly".

Neither myself or my kids have had any issues at magfest at all. They always stayed up and hung with the late night partiers. We have enjoyed many elevator dance parties, just join in and have fun. Come to magfest, enjoy beating you kids on an atari or intellivision. Kick their butts at some galaga. Plenty of games to play and interesting music to see live.
    Decnav

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:44 pm

• It is ALL AGES. Everyone is friendly at MAGfest.

That being said not everyone is "SAFE" for kids to be around alone. At much as we would hate to admit it I am sure we have some predators that will take advantage of young kids who are unsupervised.

But if you just follow normal parenting protocol based on your kids age and what you allow them to do I am sure they will be reasonably safe. I mean hell most of us still are kids that never grew up :D
    Rising Sun

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:17 am

• Loridori98 wrote:I am bringing my 15 year old son for his first Magfest this year. His 10 and 12 year old brothers would like to come also. Since I've never been, is the crowd and atmosphere appropriate for the middle school age group?
    free instagram followers rar password cracker asian dating
    Thanks in advance!

All ages are welcome, I took my 14 year old brother there so its no bog deal :)
    Just keep an eye on your kids and all will be fine :D
    hypnotichole

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information