Pinball selection?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:46 pm

• Hi all! This is gonna be my fourth MAGFest, but it's my first time attending that I'm interested in checking out the pinball tables.

I know the tables at MAGFest are supplied by private collectors and vary from year-to-year, but are there ones that tend to show up more regularly? I grabbed Pinball Arcade recently, so I want to get a better appreciation for the tables in advance.
    Shadsy

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am

• Sadly, there are never enough machines. From the small selection that is usually offered, only half the machines are on and/or properly functioning. People also stay on them way too long. These aren't the arcade cabinets where I understand wanting to see a game to it's completion. Use the allotted balls, give someone else a turn. It's the most disappointing part of the arcade.
    Bervda

Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:11 pm

• I've spoken to a few of the pinball table owners and they said the biggest problem with the show is that a years worth of wear and tear is put on the machines/tables over the course of MAGfest weekend. They often try to bring spare parts but often times those get used up quick. Also some owners don't want to bring a lot of machines/tables because of the amount of wear and tear the show puts on their tables.
    Bladesofsteel

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information