Swap Meet

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:16 am

• I am a local game collector in the area and looking to see if we can maybe setup a swap meet to do some trading (and/or selling?) and meeting other fellow collector's attending MAGFest. What do you think? I think it would be a great little addition and hopes there can be good deals that are away from the reseller's price tags in the Dealer's Room... I copied this post from a guy in 2013 but it sounds great to me! I am a Maryland local. I have lots of NES/SNES games and what not to trade. Anyone want to meet maybe Friday 5-6ish? Any ideas? I will most likely be wearing my Power Glove around so look for me! :mrgreen:
    KTownkilla

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 am

• Hey. I thought that looked familiar! I'm the one posted that. :) I've been meaning to get a swap meet post started again, kept forgetting.

I'm in! I'll bring whatever fits into a small hand-carry.

Hope to see more people meet this year and hope this gets bigger too!
    Hello Moon

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

• haha sounds good! Any ideas for Day, time and place to meet up? This will be my first MAGfest :oops:
    KTownkilla

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 pm

• As for the day, I'm cool with Friday. 5pm should be fine. Will have to see. The location. I don't know. Will have to see the layout of everything.
    Hello Moon

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:20 pm

• I'd def be down for this, although a lot of my trade stock has been depleted lately. I'm hoping to fix that at some yard sales this weekend, and I do have a bunch of DS cases (along with box art and manuals) I've been hoping to find homes for.
    Mike_TV

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:21 pm

• Oh do you think Friday is a good day though? Most people might still be settling in.
    Mike_TV

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:09 pm

• Maybe Sat would be better but I know a lot of the deal hunters will be looking to get some good trades and buys in the Market Place on day 1. By Sat most rares and deals will be gone maybe. I say 5-6 pm around the Market place just look for anyone with some Nintendo flair, back packs and games. I will have my power glove on most likely so look out for me! I will be around all weekend! :)
    KTownkilla

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:01 pm

• I suggest we meet away from the Marketplace. Like around the panel room areas where it would be quieter and way less traffic. Last year we met in between the 2 escalators that led up to the tabletop gaming rooms.
    Hello Moon

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:11 pm

• You could use The Forum room (listed on the schedule). It's open to ppl. having unofficial meet-ups for various things & you can see on the schedule when the room is vacant. It should also offer a quiet enough space for things to be ran smoothly.
    ~~
    dj Date Masamune
    Panel Site:
    https://djdatemasamune.wordpress.com/
    Gauron

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 pm

• I have cases for Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default if anyone needs them. I would prefer to trade one of them for a case for Conception II for Vita.
    DeskLaser

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:08 pm

• I have mostly NES stuff for trade. I am a old school guy :P This is my first year attending so I dont know much about the rooms or signing up on the schedule so any help would be awesome. I am down to meet any place any time. It is just hard for me to plan it out not knowing all the details. Thanks! Quiet places sound good to me
    KTownkilla

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm

• KTownkilla wrote:I have mostly NES stuff for trade. I am a old school guy :P This is my first year attending so I dont know much about the rooms or signing up on the schedule so any help would be awesome. I am down to meet any place any time. It is just hard for me to plan it out not knowing all the details. Thanks! Quiet places sound good to me

You can email MAGES (mages@magfest.org) to see if you can get it listed on the schedule under The Forum (as well as any other questions about The Forum/BrainSpace), which you can now view on the schedule (https://prime.uber.magfest.org/m13/schedule/) as well as see what time slots are open. I'm not 100% sure myself exactly where it's located, but as soon as the GuideBook schedule is released, all should be revealed.

Just thought I'd suggest it b/c I'm using that place to host a JRPG meet-up.
    ~~
    dj Date Masamune
    Panel Site:
    https://djdatemasamune.wordpress.com/
    Gauron

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:54 pm

• Any update on when/where this happening? Alternatively y'all can just drop by the Game Room and ask for Mike TV
    Mike_TV

Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

• I will be bringing nes,snes, genesis, n64,ps1, ps2, sms, gamecube, wii, and a few 3do and neo geo games. Most of the games are common and would like to trade for games to fill out my collection. Any day would be fine. Earlier aeound lunch time or shortly after would be good. Typically higher profile panels and concerts start in the evening and I wouldnt want to miss those things. I tried to trade last year but it didn't seem like anyone could agree on a time and place. Lets hash this out now
    Coorhagon

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 am

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information