Gaylord check-in time?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:27 am

• I've checked their website and the email I got when I reserved my room and couldn't find an answer. I have the reservation from Friday to Sunday and we're leaving on Monday. My question is if we can just show up anytime on Friday as long as it's before 4pm and still be able to check in, my group plans on leaving at 8am Friday morning.
    Captdeadman

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:42 am

• Marriott.com lists the checkin time as 4pm. Hotels like this have a check out time before noon, a period of cleaning, and then a checkin once everything is ready. They some times get delayed, especially at big cons like this, so don't get worried if your room isn't ready when you get there. My last room at Quakecon Hilton was delayed, but instead of a wait, they just upgraded me to a better one because I was a 3 time returning customer. #swag.
    year zero

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 am

• Typically at MAGFest, I've been able to check in when I've arrived (around noon or so). In my con-going experience it always seemed as if the hotels for a convention always try to open up earlier.

I may have been lucky and our room might have just been ready each time, but it's worth asking even if you get there a tad early :)
    Kuri

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:25 pm

• I called them earlier to see if rooms had already been assigned, and the reception/booking desk said they assign rooms as you come in, so it may be that they could get backed up if everybody arrives at the same times.
    Browncoat9275

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information