Board Games

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 pm

  • This will be my first magfest, I always seemed to decide to go way to late and just end up missing it, so I'm really excited for this one. I'll be bringing some board games along with me, I'm not really sure where we'd find space to play, maybe in the lobby if there's suitable seating or we could nab a corner of the CCG space for ourselves; regardless, I'm hoping some of you all would like to join in!

    I plan on bringing:
    Catan with 6 player expansion
    Shadow Run Crossfire
    flux
    Battlestar Galactica with all expansions. This one is my personal favorite and I'd love to get a seven player game going, but it's something that needs to be planned for as it could take hours.

    My group and I plan to arrive Thursday at noon, we'd probably be settled in enough to get a game going by five at the latest, probably earlier then that. There's a few things i definatly want to see at magfest, but I'm otherwise flexible about playing throughout the weekend. I'll also keep this post and anyone that requests up to date about location and times as the weekend evolves.

    Let me know if anyone's interested, or if anyone else is bringing something/planning a board game meet up, id love to attend!
    Stetson
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:46 pm

  • Stetson wrote:I'm not really sure where we'd find space to play, maybe in the lobby if there's suitable seating or we could nab a corner of the CCG space for ourselves

    If you take a look at the floor plan, there's plenty of gaming space in the Tabletop area :) And people also play in the corridors between the rooms.
    http://magfest.org/sites/default/files/ ... ration.jpg
    Salvatos
     
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 pm

  • that's what I what figuring, thanks for confirming! For now tentatively we'll meet up in the hotel lobby at 4pm for a Thursday evening game, I'd also be willing to play a few games Friday or Saturday in the tabletop area. Any idea what the game checkout is on the map?
    Stetson
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:28 pm

  • Stetson wrote:Battlestar Galactica with all expansions. This one is my personal favorite and I'd love to get a seven player game going, but it's something that needs to be planned for as it could take hours.


    Never played this, but would love to see what it's about. If this gets played, let me know. I'd love to come watch.
    WeAPOn
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:32 pm

  • will do. PM me an email or steam contact name or phone number, however you intend to stay in contact down there and ill keep you updated. Have you heard of the BSG board game? Its a co-op where human players need to make a certain distance via jumping. Everyone is handed a loyalty card, and a couple players become cylons and must descritely sabatage the human's effort. If Galactica takes too much damage, or runs out of any of the 4 crucial resources, its game over for the humans
    Stetson
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:37 pm

  • Stetson wrote:will do. PM me an email or steam contact name or phone number, however you intend to stay in contact down there and ill keep you updated. Have you heard of the BSG board game? Its a co-op where human players need to make a certain distance via jumping. Everyone is handed a loyalty card, and a couple players become cylons and must descritely sabatage the human's effort. If Galactica takes too much damage, or runs out of any of the 4 crucial resources, its game over for the humans


    That sounds absolutely awesome. I'll send you a PM. This is also my first MAGFest so I'll be all over the place trying to see everything, but if time allows, I'd love to watch or even try it out if it's easy to pick up. About how long do you think an average game would last?

    Thanks!
    WeAPOn
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 pm

  • oooh i never played any of those, but i am playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall and would like to see that game in action if at all possible.. dang
    viglet
     
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 pm

  • depends on experience and number of players, on average id say plan for three hours, set up is kind of a pain as well, theres a lot of decks to sort and shuffle and a lot of cards to hand out, but Ive always found it worth it. A lot of the game is played out in the social aspect between players rather then on the board.

    I'll definatly bring shadowrun as well, that one is a co-op deck building game. 4 players in which each is given a roll: the face, street samurai, decker and mage. You need to construct your deck from black market cards to best suit your roll. My group has found it to be very difficult but we've only played a couple times
    Stetson
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:56 am

  • Fireball Island!!!!
    KTownkilla
     
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:05 pm

  • on sight,brought bsg and shadow run with me if anyone is interested in a game this afternoon around four?
    Stetson
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 pm

  • not there until tomorrow but ill keep posted on here if youre planning any more games!
    viglet
     
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 pm



Return to MAGFest General Discussion




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest