MAGFriends - The Ruling On Room Parties

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!

• Hey there, MAGFriends! I'd like to assume here that, since MAGFest has booked the entire hotel, that the Room Party Gestapo will be much more lenient? Does anyone have an official ruling on this? I want to bring a ton of alcohol and invite people to party as I have in year's past, so your responses are appreciated.

In that vein, can we let our Colossus Yells rip whenever the mood strikes???

:P

If you wanna be invited to a room party, friend me here!

The_Metabaron
    Treat others BETTER than you treat yourself.
    The_Metabaron

• Even if we booked the entire hotel, I'm sure there are other people there that are not attending MAGFest. There are obviously blocks for OUR rooms versus theirs, but you never know who your neighbor might be.

Regardless, I would err on the side of caution and just be respectful of the people around you :) Not *everyone* wants to stay up all night and party loudly.
    Kuri

• You've gotta try to keep it sane. It's extremely unlikely that your neighbor will be someone not attending MAGFest, but your neighbors may be volunteers who have been up for more than 24 hours and are trying to sleep, people with small children, people with health issues who need their sleep, people who have retired to their room for some quiet time playing a board game, or just anyone who doesn't feel like hearing the noise/wants their rest. I know that room parties are a given, but it's always important to be respectful, regardless of who your neighbors might be. In the same vein, just because basically the entire hotel has been booked by MAGFest does not mean the hotel rules cease to exist and everything is in free-for-all mode. You should attempt to keep as low of a profile as you can while still having fun.

As a side note, just remember, what happens at MAGFest... shows up on your credit card bill. The more out of hand room parties get, the more likely that you'll end up being responsible for damage to the hotel. In addition to costing you and/or MAGFest money, any damage to the hotel inside or outside of guest rooms makes us all look bad.
    Ian
    Site Admin

• Please remember that the Colossus Roar is not allowed in the hotel side of the Gaylord. There will be signs stating "No Colossus beyond this point" or something like that. There will be non-Magfest guests and we all should be respectful towards our incredible venue.
    themrsa

• Thanks for the tips, friends! Yes, we'll absolutely keep our room parties respectful and keep the Colossus yell confined to the convention hall! :p
    Treat others BETTER than you treat yourself.
    The_Metabaron

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information