How was your Magfest?

It's not a Con, it's a Festival! Except when it's a Stock! Or a Gen!
Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm

• How was your Magfest this year? What are some of the cool things you saw? As for me I liked the Metroid marathon. I beat Metroid 1. Those females with the lightup hoolahoops were cool too. How about opposite land elevators. Ya know ride up to go down and ride down to go up. That happened a lot on the 7th floor where I was staying in the Gaylord. Anyway post cool stuff that happened while you were at Magfest or in the area of.
    rod

Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 am

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:40 pm

• Before I get to the score, I need to address a few problems.

1) Schedule- The scheduling was messed up. I mean there was so much to do and so little time in between to try doing other things. They told me that I should download the app instead to which I said NO. They need to fix their schedules for next year and make sure that it works. They did fine last year. I wished they actually did the same this year too.

2) Autographs and MAGfest staff- The staff on MAGfest and people in charge of Autographs were not on the same page. The MAGfest red vested staff people told us to wait outside for the autograph with Mr. Keiji Inafune when we were there like 1 hour and 30 mins before the actual lining, only to find out 30 mins later that a line was already created 15 minutes ago where a separate team was in charge meaning we were being horribly misinformed. Because of this little problem, created by the "PROFESSIONALS". we were in line for an even longer period of time with painful legs from standing. All the staff at MAGfest need to be on the same page or else, I was a hair drop away from getting pissed and doing something stupid.

Overall I will say this. I was there with my friends and I, regardless of all the problems mentioned above, had a lot of fun and did a lot this time around more than last year. I give this year an 8/10. Get you self straightened out and I will enjoy even more.
    Shadowkid229

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:40 pm

• My MAGFest was pretty good. I think the last two for me were more busy for me but I had good times.

Favorite parts:

1. Bit Brigade - Awesome Ninja Gaiden set. How I wish I could be that good at the game.

2. NSP/TWRP - Sure it isn't necessarily video games but dang was that concert fun.

3. 25 games - I ended buying 25 games. A majority for the Atari 2600 but some SNES, SuFami and Genesis games worked their way in there.

4. Saturday Morning Cartoon Theme Panel - 2 hours of a bunch of people singing along to old cartoon themes. And that was pretty much it. So much silly fun.

5. The food - Ate lots of good (and on the pricey side) food this year. Had a delicious bacon wrapped meatloaf and The Oyster and Ale House.
    Mr. Sautrn

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Return to MAGFest General Discussion

Information